Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Easy Jalapeno "Poppers"

My husband just loves hot peppers. With the plethora of jalapenos the CSA has had I decided to throw him together an easy football snack.

It was so nice to have these extra peppers at our disposal. First I halved, seeded and deveined my bunch of peppers. And as you can see I was able to get a lot more that 20 pepper halves.

Next I added the filling and topped it with the bread crumb mixture. Darn, only enough filling for 23. (Oh well, going to make some White Chicken Chili this week)


Here's the final product ready for snacking. Be careful, many of these peppers are hotter than I would expect from jalapenos. That said, my husband loved them!

If you like your poppers darker than this feel free to pop them
under the broiler for a couple of minutes.

Easy Baked Jalapeno Snacks

Ingredients

8-10 jalapeno peppers, halved, seeded and ribs removed
8 oz. cream cheese, room temp.
2 c. or 8 oz. Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
1 c. fresh bread crumbs
1 tsp. taco seasoning (if you don't make your own check out allrecipes.com)

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
  2. Mix the cheeses together. In a shallow dish, mix the bread crumbs and taco seasoning together.
  3. Fill the peppers using a heaping teaspoon of the cheese mixture. Press the top into the breadcrumbs and place in a 8x8 pan.
  4. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until the tops are browned and the cheese is bubbly. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment